Friday, May 4, 2007

Psalm 12

1. I look around Lord and there is wickedness everywhere. The wicked walk around like there is no God. The more people I meet the more I know that do not follow you. Help me to be all the more resolved in my faith. May I run from temptation. May I be a light in this dark and wicked generation.

2. The wicked continually lie and flatter, just to get their way. Their heart is not faithful to anyone but themselves. They will say and do whatever it takes to get their way.

3. Lord, keep my lips and tongue from doing the very same thing. Help me to remember to be righteous with my speech and with my actions. For you cannot stand lying and flattery and boasting. May I bless only with the mouth you have given me, for You will cut off and destroy all those who curse with their mouths.

4. The boasting of the wicked is so evident. Keep us humble. In their hearts they act as if there is no God. They think they own their lips and mouth and they will have no one to answer for anything that comes out of it. Lord, may we remember that we are held accountable for what we say. May we encourage and bless others with our mouths.

5. There will be a time Lord when you will tolerate the wicked no longer. At that time You will come for your children and you will hear their cries. Thank you Lord for always keeping us safe and looking out for us. You will arise in Your mighty power and crush the wicked and save the righteous.

6. For You are a God that always does what He says. Your words are pure and holy and perfect. There is nothing on earth more pure than Your words. May we strongly desire to study, know and obey your words to us. Thank you for the perfect truth You have given us in Your word. May we look for it as buried treasure.

7. Your words are not temporary, they are forever. Because of Your might power You are able to sustain and keep all things from corruption that You desire. Thank You for giving us Your incorruptible Word and for sustaining it for us that it might give us new life. You have not only preserved it in the past and present, but Your word will remain forever as will You and Your people.

8. The wicked, however, will meet their end. Their perverse and wicked words will one day be silenced as they recognize the perfect purity of Your words were in authority all along. May we remember to cherish Your word and to guard our lips from speaking anything that would offend You.

No comments: