Saturday, April 21, 2007

Psalm 10

1. Lord, at times it feels as though you are not there. At times it feels like You are far away. I have recognized that it is not You keeping far from me, but I have wondered from You and Your promises. When You seem not to be present, it is because I have let sin in my heart, or I have forgotten of Your promises. In times of trouble it seems as though You have forgotten me. Yet, You have promised to never leave me, nor forsake me. I must remember You. I must confess my sin to You and know that are relationship is not based on my emotions, but on Your Word to me.

2. The reason it feels like You are not watching or do not care is because I see the wicked prospering here on earth. In their pride they only pursue their own pleasures, they devour the helpless in their plans. Lord, why do You not kill them instantly? Why do You let them get away with this?

3. All the wicked man cares about is his own pursuits, his own pleasures. He boasts about his sinful conquests and he mocks the Lord in all that he does. He has no concept of God's Law.

4. The wicked man pursues his own desires and does not even think about the God who created him. In fact, in his mind he has justified that there is no God. He has to think this way for deep in his heart he knows he is living in sin. But he does not care, for in his mind if there is no God, there is no judgment for what he has done.

5. He continues in his wickedness because in his eyes in this temporary world he is prospering. Many times the humble and weak who seek You, ask Lord, why do you allow this wicked man to prosper? He has no concept of submission and destroys all who are in his path. He laughs at mocks at those who would oppose him.

6. As he continues to gain in his wealth and his wickedness, he feels invincible. He thinks to himself that he is his own God and he makes his own rules. No one shall get in his way, and he thinks that he is the one who decides his future. How can You let such a man prosper?

7. The wicked man curses you with every breath. He lies, cheats, and steals to get his way because he thinks there is no one to answer to. He is deceitful to promote his own way, to get what he wants.

8-10. He not only runs over the helpless, but purposefully seeks them out as he looks at them as opposition. He seeks out to ruin those who do not have what he has. He is purely evil in his thoughts and actions.

11. While doing all of this, his thoughts do not run to You, his thoughts think only of himself and how mighty he is. He laughs and mocks because he thinks he is more powerful than You. He has done what he pleases and there have been no repercussions to his actions. He thinks he has gotten away with it. Why do you allow this Lord?

12-15. I must remember that wicked man was once me. If I had remained in my own sinfulness, these verses would be describing me. If it had not been for your mercy and grace on my soul I would be pursuing my own desires as well. May I also not forget that you will one day arise O Lord and judge the wicked. They will have no grace and no mercy to lean on in that day of judgment. They are not getting away with anything. They will have you to face. May we remember You are always there, even in our temporary affliction. This is but for a time, but one day we will be with You forever. You have not forgotten those who have bowed the knee to You. You have seen every deed of every man, and they will never escape Your judgment.

16. You are King and will reign on high forever. You are eternal and the wicked will perish. You will have the last say, the last laugh.

17. Lord, You have heard every word I have ever prayed to you and You know the needs of the afflicted. You have always promised to care for us, and You have never failed on that. When we are weak You give us Your own strength and listen to all we need. You will provide, we just have to have faith that You are there and that You hear us. As said before, You know our thoughts, and You are always there. When You feel distant, it is because of us, not You.

18. You will come back in Your mercy and grace and salvation for those who have humbled themselves and accepted Your Son. You will come back with vengeance and wrath against the wicked and they will be destroyed.

No comments: