Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Psalm 7

1. May I take refuge in You always. When life gets hard, when temptation comes, may I find refuge and strength in You and You alone. Forgive me when I look to other people or things to be my refuge, and plant in my mind Your eternal protection of Me. What else can save me and protect me like You do. You have promised to deliver me from evil and save me from my sin. May I remind my heart of that every day.

2. For if you did not protect me and keep me safe, if You were not my refuge, I would be torn apart by this world. Apart from You I do not have the strength and the ability to fight off sin as it would look to destroy my soul. I would be helpless apart from You. May I always find my refuge in You.

3-5. Lord if there is any sin in me, if there is any wrong I have done to another, I pray that You would show me. I pray You would chasten me to bring me back into right fellowship with You. Help to keep me from being unjust to others for You are a God of justice. Help to keep me from lying and deceitfulness to others for You are a God of righteousness and integrity. Thank You for not turning me over to the world and abandoning my soul when I do sin. Praise You for that.

6. Lord, Your patience only lasts for so long, there will come a time when you will rise up and unleash Your righteous anger on the evil. At this time you will also claim Your children and protect them. I pray that those who do not know You would come to You as Lord and Savior quickly before Your anger is roused against them.

7. You are the king of this world and will reign in it forever. We thank You for keeping Your wrath from us, and long for the day when your judgment is poured out on the land and we who trust in You will be spared and You will be placed on the throne where You belong.

8. Lord in Your judgment find me righteous and holy because of Your Son. Left to myself there would be no holiness, no righteousness, but because of the work of Your Son on the cross and His place in my heart, I will be vindicated when You return in judgment. It is my new heart that is within me that You gave to me that makes me righteous.

9. Lord, may we constantly pray and long for the day when you will return. May we rejoice in that day as You will establish the righteous as You have set them aside and saved them. Help us to show the wicked that in that day You will destroy them in Your righteous judgment and you will be completely justified for You know each one's heart and mind.

10. When you do return to judge the hearts and minds of men, You will find me righteous for You are my shield, You protect me from the evil one, and You save us through Your perfect Son. Those whose hearts have been changed will be saved on the day of judgment.

11. Lord I praise You for Your righteousness. May I never hold myself to the standard of any other righteousness. When I look at Your perfect righteousness may it cause me to see how far short I fall, and how it is only in the perfect righteousness of Your Son that I could enter Your presence. You hate sin and cannot be around it. I pray that You would cultivate in me the same hatred for sin that You have.

12-16. Those who do not repent, Lord, will feel Your wrath. You will be perfectly justified when You utterly destroy the wicked. Your preparing Your wrath for them and each day gets closer and closer to when You will unleash it. May it cause us to fear You more and be more urgent in our evangelism. Man is wicked to the core. We dig a pit that we cannot get ourselves out of. Sin infects every thought, action, and word that comes from us apart from You. Everything we do in our sinful bodies will come back to us a thousand fold unless we repent and long for Your righteousness to cover our sins.

17. For this very righteousness, protection, and salvation that we receive from You, I rejoice and give thanks. It is because of Your righteousness that I am saved and for that may my heart, mind, and mouth be filled with Your praises, and may You be pleased by everything that comes from it.

No comments: