Monday, April 16, 2007

Psalm 9

1. With all my heart, mind and soul may every part of me be so thankful for all that you have done. May I dwell on your love, grace, mercy, righteousness, and the sacrifice of your Son and forever be grateful for all You have done for me. May I tell others all about Your wonderful power and works, and may they delight in You because of Your glorious grace.

2. May I truly be joyful because I dwell on all that You are. Being saved by grace and being unconditionally loved by the God of this universe should bring me to tears of joy. Forgive me for the times that I do not delight in You, but rather, focus on the things I do not have. May my remembrance of all that You have done for me lead to spontaneous praise to my King.

3. Those who would try to attack one of Your children will be destroyed. You protect me and watch over me in everything that I do.

4. Jesus, You sit on the right throne of God, You make intercession for me all the time. When I am in sin The Father need only to look over to You and Your satisfactory death for me on the cross and He accepts me. You look out for me and make sure that I am on the right path. Thank You for your guidance and protection in my life.

5-6. There will come a day Lord when you will reign in Your proper place. You will judge over all the world and you will destroy Satan and his followers. Those who reject You will be turned over to the pit of hell and there will be no more forgiveness, no more chance for redemption. They will see their end and recognize they rejected the true Son of God and their only hope in this world. They will look at their future and understand that they will be apart from the only goodness they truly wanted. Lord, may they recognize that now and may You use me however You can to get others see this.

7-8. You are eternal. You have no beginning and no end, it hurts my mind to think of such thoughts. You have always been on the throne in heaven and will one day judge everyone. In your right judgment You would have banished me to hell, for that is what I deserved, however, through the sacrifice of Your Son, You have given me eternal life. You will judge rightly and whatever You judge will last forever. You know the hearts of men and will hold each one of them accountable for their deeds.

9. When the world is crashing around me, when all that I see looks bleak, it is in Your righteous providence that You keep me from despair and give me hope. You are the rock I can lean on despite the circumstances. Lord, help me to put my hope in the Rock of Your Word, rather than on the outside influences on me.

10. Lord, help me to trust in You with all my heart and my mind. Why should I hope in anything or anyone else? You are unchanging and always have our best interests in mind, may I put all my hope in You and in nothing else.

11. For all that You are, for every attribute that perfectly describes You may I sing of those praises. May I tell everyone of Your perfect deeds and wonderful grace so that they may partake in this praise as well.

12. In my hopeless estate, in my utter depravity You came up with a perfect plan, involving the death and sacrifice of Your Son so that I may be cared for O gracious God. You always hear my cry and will answer it in perfect justice.

13. I beg for Your grace everyday as I need it to make it through. Lord may watch over my soul and keep me from harm. May You protect me from those who wish me harm whether it be spiritually or physically. Be my stronghold.

14. Again, as I remember all You have done for me, may I tell everyone of Your goodness. May the praises of my mouth and the joy of my heart be evident for all to see and hear. May You be proclaimed by me.

15-17. The world has no excuse against God. They cannot blame anyone but themselves for their wickedness. Lord, You will be justified when You condemn those who do not know You. You will make yourself known to them in person, however, You have given them so many evidences of You throughout creation and in their hearts. He will be justified in all His judgments. They will be sent to a horrible place apart from You and exposed to continuous punishment, and it will be deserved. Thank You for saving me.

18. At times it may seem like those who are unrighteous and neglect You are more victorious. It may seem that in this world they are getting the upper hand. However, in Your righteous and gracious provision You will take care of those who look to You for their hope. You will protect those who may have not had here on earth, but will be rich in eternal blessing.

19-20. May that time come quickly Lord. May You arise from heaven and come to claim Your people and judge those who mocked You that they may see that they You are God. Strike fear into their hearts and claim Your children, put them in their place and help them to recognize that since they leaned on their own power through all their lives, You will not be there for them when they truly need You. Praise You God in Heaven.

17

No comments: